PepsiCo is one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies with a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. PepsiCo Turkey wanted to know how they could (re)connect the Ruffles brand with the changing Turkish target group, Generation Y.
What did we do?
A Consumer Consulting Board (also known as online research community) was the central hub to enable the dialogue between Gen Y, the Ruffles brand team and PepsiCo’s ad agencies.100 Turkish GenYers participated in a 6-week closed online platform to co-create the future of the Ruffles brand.
The community consisted of 3 stages of 2 weeks:
- Phase 1: Consumer immersion: auto-ethnographic tasks on a multimedia blog
- Phase 2: Evaluate the product portfolio and identify NPD opportunities
- Phase 3: Evaluate, ideate and co-create brand activation campaigns
- External impact: new positioning, new campaign with local football stars, new creative ideas, new tone of voice on social media
- Internal impact: deeper understanding thanks to continuous connection with consumers, more internal and external stakeholders engaged