It is said that visiting Romania but not getting round to visiting Timisoara means you miss out on an important part of the culture and the beauty of this country.
Frequently referred to as “Little Vienna,” Timisoara is home to year-round musical and theatre performances, art galleries, museums and a buzzing nightlife. A progressive and cosmopolitan place, Timisoara was the first city in Europe and second in the world, after New York, to use electricity to illuminate its public streets.Timisoara is also called the city of Parks and Flowers. The first park was created mid-19th century and for 3 centuries Timisoara added dozens of parks and green spaces. The most important are arranged on the banks of the Bega.
Besides the green retreats, Timisoara has a lot of public squares like Freedom Square, Victory Square  and Union Square . These 3, situated in the centre of the city, are the most popular places to go out for drinks, dancing, walk around and attend concerts or films and animation projections.
In the city centre you will find elegant baroque buildings, museums, Roman Catholic and Serbian Orthodox cathedrals and the most important one: the Romanian Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral.
The InSites Consulting office is very close to the city centre, at a 5-minute walk from Union Square. At Union Square you can find anything you may need:
Places to eat:
- Lucas: here you can get the best sandwiches.
- Pizza Rustica has a wide range of pizzas you can order, but also soups and second courses.
- Insieme Restaurant: a really nice Italian restaurant.
- Beer & Bricks: a pub where you can eat and also listen to some live music.
- Stradivarius: a restaurant with a wide range of cooked meals.
- Irish Public House : a pub where you can also order traditional Irish meals and other types of food (snacks, appetizers, salads, main courses, desserts); you can also listen to some music or simply have a drink.
- Jarvis: where you can simply go for some food and drinks.
Places to go out for drinks or dancing:
- Scottish Pub: with live bands, retro & funk parties, concerts, etc.
- Friends: drinks
- Eclipse: drinks
- Obsession  drinks
- Timi’s: drinks, snacks and deserts