What is it about
What you'll do
- Support both qualitative and quantitative market research projects (study design, questionnaire development, fielding and analysis).
- Help manage online insight communities, support online and offline insight activities on forums, live chats, focus groups, surveys and occasionally workshops.
- Check and collect data and feedback from the activities, analysing and summarizing findings for clients
- Use images, photos and other data to build stories.
- Guide clients through the process of creating and maintaining a community, developing a customised branded portal and managing the recruitment and recruited members.
- Oversee deployment of online and offline activities, e.g. surveys, forums, live chats, focus groups.
- Turn insights into compelling stories, with a strong focus on storytelling to help clients better understand and activate findings.
What you'll bring
Why this is(n't) for you
- Connecting with clients comes naturally to you.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and dedication.
- You’re creative, humorous, and fun to work with.
- You are genuinely curious about what makes people tick.
- Presenting and public speaking make you nervous.
- You prefer slides in bullet-point black-and-white style.
- Helping colleagues is not your primary goal in life, you prefer focusing on your own projects.
What’s in it for you
We believe the best work comes from happy people.
Here are just a few of the professional and personal benefits you’ll experience at InSites Consulting.
Can’t get enough? Check out more of our favorite company & team perks!
Pay & benefits
- Competitive salary
- Flexible office practices
- Co-working space at WeWork with clean and comfortable surroundings
Hear from the team
“I’m co-leading our Media & Entertainment research team and as every team within the business, we are a company in the company. We have the liberty to decide which clients we work for, which subsectors we go after, decide on the strategy, how we meet our objectives and also how we design and deliver projects.”Vincent Konings, Research Team Director
“The biggest thing that I truly love about InSites Consulting is how inclusive the company is; they are very people-cultured so you’re coming into a family of people that truly just care about each other.”Puleng Thutlwa, Junior Research Consultant
“One of the things that’s always been really great at InSites Consulting is the career path. I started as a Junior Researcher, and I worked my way up through the ranks, and this has given me the opportunity to coach people, lead accounts, be a team lead, input into company strategy.”Kev Lacey, Research Development Director
“InSites Consulting provides great opportunities for growth, based on your desired career path and your skills. We are a group of friendly and fun people to work with, and we help each other out to achieve our goals.“Iuliana Rus, Project Manager
“As soon as you join InSites Consulting, you are immediately allocated to your coach. A coach to help you settle within the organization, but also to help with both your personal and career-related issues. The organization puts you in the driver’s set of your career. You determine whether you are ready for a promotion or not.“Honest Muchabaiwa, Senior Data Analyst
What to expect when you apply
Our recruiting team will review your application and follow up on whether we’ll move forward with your application or not.
We will take the time to learn more about you and share more details about the career opportunity.
In this stage, we will combine a skill-and-knowledge test (related to the role you are applying for) with an interview, with two of your future team members.
You will meet your soon-to-be Team Leader.
After a positive evaluation, you receive an offer. In other cases, we always provide candidates with thoughtful feedback.