What is it about
We are looking for an experienced and motivated QA Lead for our team of test engineers in the growing Platform Development unit. Although we have members from 5 countries, all testers are based in Romania and South Africa. As a QA Lead, you will be a true asset that drives cross team collaboration, you will create the testing strategy across all cross-functional delivery squads and the overall quality we deliver to our proprietary platforms (100K+ users and 30 languages) and tools.
What you'll do
- Lead by example and ensure high-quality deliverables for our proprietary platforms & tools.
- Define and maintain test strategy, test practices and transparent documentation.
- Initiate proactive and continuous improvement of testing processes across to maximize and unify quality.
- Stay up to date with latest testing methodologies and trends. Experiment with new ways of working.
- Co-create and roll out a strategy for back-end/API tests and automated UI tests together with our technical experts.
- Ensure QA involvement throughout all stages, including:
- Discovery: gatekeep testability of work items, pre-align on acceptance criteria.
- Development: learn from long cycle times, analysis of reworks & error logs.
- Delivery: holistic feature testing, postmortem of production bugs, investigate frequently submitted tickets.
- Release management and coordination of all deploys to all environments:
- Ensure small, frequent, and transparent deliveries to our production environments.
- Optimize delivery bottlenecks, such as regression testing.
- Align delivery practices across squads where appropriate.
- Build bridges with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Pro-actively connect with other units in the Platform Office to establish initiatives that improve the quality of our deliverables.
- Install a good connection between QA, the platform users & business stakeholders, allowing all testers to incorporate realistic user behavior in all test scenarios.
- Hire, onboard and grow testing talent in QA:
- Provide guidance and mentorship on testing best practices and improve soft skills.
- Identify knowledge (sharing) gaps in QA and take initiative to address them.
- Help installing career paths.
- Get familiar with all platforms & tools, so that you can help allocating the right resources.
- Report on testing progress and results (KPI’s) to unit & department heads.
What you'll bring
You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
You have 3 years in web application / software testing, quality assurance or development.
You are fluent in English (written and spoken) and familiar with Agile development.
You have web technologies knowledge (HTML, CSS, SQL) and basic experience with automated (UI) testing in Selenium or similar frameworks.
Around 1 year of team leading experience and industry knowledge in online market research methods & tools is a strong plus.
Why this is(n't) for you
- Building a team and helping colleagues gives you energy.
- You are a good communicator with leadership skills.
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You are a critical thinker, can assess risks and set priorities.
- You have a positive attitude and you’re fun to work with 😊
What’s in it for you
We believe the best work comes from happy people.
Here are just a few of the professional and personal benefits you’ll experience at InSites Consulting.
Can’t get enough? Check out more of our favorite company & team perks!
Pay & benefits
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Private pension plan
- Fulltime remote working possible
- Reimbursement of lenses
- Meal vouchers
- Extra holidays based on seniority
- Extra free days for special events
- Massage chair in the office
- Happy moments celebrated
- Regular themed parties
- Access to Bookster, the biggest online library
- Holiday vouchers for Christmas and New Year
- Relaxing areas with ping pong table, foosball table, Xbox
- 25 days of holiday from the first year (including company closing between Christmas and New Year)
Hear from the team
“I’m co-leading our Media & Entertainment research team and as every team within the business, we are a company in the company. We have the liberty to decide which clients we work for, which subsectors we go after, decide on the strategy, how we meet our objectives and also how we design and deliver projects.”Vincent Konings, Research Team Director
“The biggest thing that I truly love about InSites Consulting is how inclusive the company is; they are very people-cultured so you’re coming into a family of people that truly just care about each other.”Puleng Thutlwa, Junior Research Consultant
“One of the things that’s always been really great at InSites Consulting is the career path. I started as a Junior Researcher, and I worked my way up through the ranks, and this has given me the opportunity to coach people, lead accounts, be a team lead, input into company strategy.”Kev Lacey, Research Development Director
“InSites Consulting provides great opportunities for growth, based on your desired career path and your skills. We are a group of friendly and fun people to work with, and we help each other out to achieve our goals.“Iuliana Rus, Project Manager
“As soon as you join InSites Consulting, you are immediately allocated to your coach. A coach to help you settle within the organization, but also to help with both your personal and career-related issues. The organization puts you in the driver’s set of your career. You determine whether you are ready for a promotion or not.“Honest Muchabaiwa, Senior Data Analyst
What to expect when you apply
Our recruiting team will review your application and follow up on whether we’ll move forward with your application or not.
We will take the time to learn more about you and share more details about the career opportunity.
In this stage, we will combine a skill-and-knowledge test (related to the role you are applying for) with an interview, with two of your future team members.
You will meet your soon-to-be Team Leader.
After a positive evaluation, you receive an offer. In other cases, we always provide candidates with thoughtful feedback.